Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sketchdump.

Today, I finished another sketchbook. It's always so sad when you get to the last page (which I never draw on, by the way, because I don't like my pencil digging into the chipboard on the back). It's like part of your life is just sectioned off in this thing, this number of pages, and you know in a few months it won't be as vital and important and, well, as good as the work you'll be producing later on. But every chapter is an important one. Sophomore year, I couldn't even finish a sketchbook in a year. Now I work in several at a time.

So here are some of my favorite sketches from my 9" x 12" (an odd size for me, because I like working in squares) that lasted me from the first day of school this semester until today.




And last but not least, a drawing I made of Lindsay on our first class of the year together. She's become a great friend to me this year, and I've admired her work and her enthusiasm for a long time. She's one of few people I'll openly admit has made my project look like crap in comparison on many, many occasions. Her love for art and her humble attitude make her one of the most lovely people I know, and I know she's gonna get somewhere in life. And I'll be right behind her.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love!! ;_; I cried manly tears reading this. Thank you so much <3

Allison Bamcat said...

Love. <33

Tuesday Morning said...

i found amazingness for you!!! http://drx.typepad.com/psychotherapyblog/2008/02/photos-of-the-d.html

Allison Bamcat said...

It is amazing!! Thanks!