Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Blick winter windows.

As you may or may not know, I paint the windows now outside of Blick Art Materials (where I work) in Fenway. There's amazing foot traffic in that area, which is a great way to get my work noticed, and there's a company-wide contest for the windows we paint in the window, and if we get picked for having the best windows, we get a party. The task of painting the windows has been passed down to me this year after two of my favorite people left Blick for different life paths, so I'm excited for the opportunity.

My boss decided she wanted a big snowglobe in the middle with Boston inside. (I wanted yetis playing in the snow, but oh well.) Each window is 10' x 10', with lots of annoying supports and borders in between, which are tricky to work around, but that's okay. This year my incredibly talented peer and coworker Alex Carlson will be helping me, but I MUST do the linework. It's very important to me because I get very few opportunities to paint large, so it's very relaxing and meditative to make long sweeping strokes with big brushes. It makes me happy. <3

Here's the mockup. Expect to see these babies done in the next week or two.

No comments: