Sunday, February 22, 2009

I'm probably traumatized.


Here's the color comp for my next Degree Project piece on clowns representing my life.

This one represents being different. There's this phrase I heard in a song that said something along the lines of, "You can lie amongst your lies, like a tuna in the brine." I've always loved that song, and it really stood out to me. If you're a big fish, everyone will be able to see you're not a little fish, so why bother? Embrace yourself and what you're all about.

SO THAT = OCTOCLOWN. I know octopi are pretty popular/cliche at the moment, but whatever. I like this one. To be painted in gouache like the others.


And now a list of things I need to be working on and have to complete.

1. Experimental homework Done!
a. 3 collaged background surfaces using techniques from class Done!
b. 5 surfaces treated with gesso Done!
2. Degree Project painting DUE 3/1 BECAUSE OF SETBACKS
3. All School Show Submissions flyer Done!
4. Modus Lotus flyers DUE 3/10
5. Fix up business card DUE 2/25
6. Fix up resume DUE 2/25 BY THE LATEST 3/3
7. Buy portfolio, Done! get pieces printed for Harmonix review DUE 2/26
8. Fix up B+W dog/Halloween comp, color comp DUE 2/25
9. Make digital comps of 3 promo postcards DUE 2/25

I have a lot of shit to get done. But first I must brush my hair! I will have rice for dinner tonight!

Also, I'm going to be INCREDIBLY poor soon, as my hours at work keep getting screwed up/are diminishing/I had to miss my only other shift this week because of the fire. So if you see me, give me a coupon or something to Shaw's or whatever.

Things will not get easier, only more difficult, yet I shall persevere.
Also, I think I'm seriously traumatized because of that fire. Whatever possessed me to RUN INTO a raging fire, I don't know, but I'm still having flashbacks. So blah. If I go insane in the next week, you'll know why.

No comments: