Tuesday, June 2, 2009

News!

©Ben the Illustrator

Hello all,

I've recently been selected to design a Speakerdog for the upcoming 6th series. I'm really psyched! Papercraft has always had a spot in my heart, and knowing I'll be apart of something so cool makes me happy.

I've also been featured here! (well, I wrote it and submitted it...) Yay!

I've been actively trying to stay updated with all my online resumes and profiles and making everything look nice and pretty and neat. I've been applying to contests and for little freelance bits on craigslist and other sites. I'm really trying to use all of my resources to the fullest, and I've been meeting so many wonderful, talented artists.

I'm also reading a book called "How to be an Illustrator." It's INCREDIBLY helpful if you need to go with baby steps. I need shit LAID OUT WORD FOR WORD about how to do things or I'll panic that I'm not doing it right. So it helps to have advice and suggestions from another seasoned professional. It gets me pumped up to get things done. So I'd recommend it to anyone trying to get into the illustration field just starting out - the book is even written as though you were a college senior.

That's all for now! Etsy updates soon! Working on small paintings of Rainbow Brite, Princess Peach, Strawberry Shortcake, and Minnie Mouse. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay LCS! And I think you named all my favorite kids animated shows, haha