Monday, November 14, 2011

Influential Ladies PT. 1 : Casey Desmond

Lately, I've been focusing a lot more on personal branding, fashion, and trends. I'm always IN the fashion industry, and I can't help but be inspired by so many amazingly creative people around me. I'll be posting over the new few days about some of the ladies in my generation who really inspire my work personally and give me something to aspire to.

Sorry boys! You'll get your spotlights soon enough.

1. Casey Desmond
Casey Desmond is a Boston musician with an eye for fashion and everything electric. Her performances are out of this world, and she's truly a talented singer with amazing vocal range and technical ability. She creates a world when she performs, full of props, blacklights, glitter latex and mesmerizing projections. Along with the beautifully unique handcrafted outfits she creates, she's truly irreplaceable and one-of-a-kind in the Boston scene.


©Photo Rich Bettencourt 2011

She made her tv debut this past year on ABC's The Voice, working under coach Adam Levigne of Maroon 5 (so dreamy). And though she sounded AMAZING, I feel like there's just something so much more special about her more intimate stage performances. It's always easier to connect with someone when you're not in a massive theater, I feel. (Though I wish her all the massive theater performances she deserves!)


Hair: Denyse Dipietro
MUA: Vanessa Bennett
© Brit Woollard Photography, all rights reserved.

Casey is really intuitive when it comes to sewing and creating her costumes. She has so many sparkly fabrics in her studio, it'd give Rainbow Brite a seizure. (And enough keyboards to hold a class!) She gave me the opportunity to be a model in her fashion for for OhDeerGod, and it was one of the most fun and empowering experiences I've had. (Thank you!)


And to top it all off, she's an artist too! Jeez! Here's a couple of pieces from the LAP Gallery's recent gallery show, Bostonia Collectives as well as her custom skull from the Ars Moriendi Project opening last week.



Check out Casey's new video for Rocket Lover and be her facebook friend! You won't regret it!



More on Casey at http://caseydesmond.com/

No comments: