Friday, April 10, 2009

Skeshes.

Some things I did today.

The one with the clown girl, I've decided to make into a painting. Like, a real painting. I've been struggling a lot with which media is my favorite. I feel like there's a lot of pressure on artists to do one thing and one thing only so it's easier to sift through all of us. It makes remembering us easier.

But I'm still so young. There are so many things I want to try, still. I don't know if I'll draw this way for the rest of my life. Picasso wasn't Picasso until he started being a little wacky.

Anyways, some skeshes.


Clown girl. She's holding a caterpillar for Lindsay.



Kenny. Alison Cowell's dude. I don't know why, but I'm obsessed with him. She has a book coming out soon! (I took creative liberty with his hair. I hope you don't mind.)


Wario. Everybody draw Wario.

3 comments:

Ty Dunitz said...

Honestly, I'd say you should never worry about media, or method, or 'style'. Artistic progress is ONLY made unconsciously, without you noticing at first. While it's important to have a 'consistent body of work', if you've already got the job security (lol illustrators with job security) and the phone is still ringing, do whatever you want. With enough practice, anything can and will become 'signature' for you. I've been awake for 30-120 seconds at this point, I'm not sure I'm yet making sense.

You are the first person I've ever known who actually enjoys clowns.

Alycia Garcia said...

i like that these are less hairy then that abomination that you were drawing in portfolio.
:) love.

Anonymous said...

Nice! These are lovely even though they creep me out.