Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Tuesday night.

I should be working on my black and white pieces, or studying for my fashion history exam (ha), but I'm going to just take a moment.

My sister's birthday is tomorrow. I'm not going to be able to see her, but hopefully we'll be able to make a day trip to go to Salem next weekend. My mum wants me to come home this weekend for cake and presents. I told her I can't - I have too much homework.

My boyfriend wants to come up this weekend, hobbling with his cane on the T. I told him I really want to see him - I'm terrified that he'll trip and fall on the train, but he's willing to risk it, and I miss him unbearably, so I won't argue. I'm going to have to kick him out after a day or so, though, because I know I'll need to go to my studio to do work. *sigh*

I want to get all my work done on time, the best it can be done, better than anybody else's and still actually like doing it. I feel like I made an asshole out of myself in my Illustration 4 class today because I didn't have my work done. The first assignment of the year, and I didn't finish it. I can't even believe myself. I'm usually the person who has it done within a couple days of the assignment; I don't usually trail behind. But I'll catch up, and maybe get ahead of the game. Let's hope, and pray. And stuff.

So this week, starting tonight, Tuesday night:
Tuesday:
-finish black and white editorial piece
-make final sketches of new black and white assignment
-study for fashion history exam
-cut out magazine examples of Egyptian/Mesopotamian inspired fashion from magazines (?)
Wednesday:
-fashion history (9:30 - 1:30)
-fashion history exam
-SGA (1:30 - 3)
-black and white illustration (3 - 7)
-work on homework, any homework (until they kick me out of the studios)
Thursday:
-poetry reading homework
-work on other homework
-poetry class (1:30 - 4:30)
-walk for cancer in Boston Commons at 5
-meet with my mum so I can pay my rent (fucking student refund checks won't be out until October 24th - not like I need books or supplies or rent money or anything)
-pay my rent
-homework?
Friday:
-work (9 - 5)
-homework at the studios all day
-degree project interview
-have a drink to stay sane
Saturday:
-Jerry comes up!
-have a wonderful dinner
-spend time with my wounded potato
-beat Final Fantasy X
Sunday:
-force Jerry to leave :/
-spend the day in the studio until they kick me out
Monday:
-homework in the studios
-degree project (2 - 6)
-homework homework homework
Tuesday:
-homework
-illustration 4 (2 - 6)
-work (6:30 - 10)


I got off easy with work this week - we hired a bazillion new kids (which I'll have to train), so it gives me a little more time to work on my stuff.

ALSO.
*DRUM ROOLLLLLLL*

I'm pretty sure I made the cover of the dig! With my autumn picture! If they don't run it this week, they might run it next week. I'm not sure. All I know is I talked to Tak and he asked me to send him a headshot and a little bio about myself and a high res file of my autumn picture so he could send it to "the layout people." So yay! I don't know if there's pay or what, but, of all the art I've had printed without any pay, this has got to be the best! I'm so excited! So look out for it!!!

And just so this isn't text-only,

It's a binturong!!! :D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Binutrong is scay! D:


You didn't make an ass out of yourself, you piece was one of the most labor intensive of the class and was really coming along beautifully. It seriously looked 80% done, and Andy was understanding because of the other stuff you were doing. You broke even, remember? :D
It's the people that had shitty unfinished pieces that weren't a lot of work to begin with that weren't done that made an ass of themselves. :3
You're doing great! Go Bamcat! I am going to save a bazillion of your dig covers in my hoard!