Friday, July 24, 2009

Pet Monster show coming up, along with Artist Talk!

Helloooooo!!!

Two nights ago was our Artist Talk at Space 242, featuring Andy Fish, Veronica Hebard, Lindsay Small, and myself. Using the same picture that Lindsay used, this illustrates all of us talking about our art/grievances about the Boston art scene and opinions on digital art VS. physical art. There was a great turnout! And I got to chat it up with my buddy Tak Toyoshima, art director of the Weekly Dig and comic illustrator of Secret Asian Man.


Aside from that, I have this show coming up! It's super RSVP only, so email paintpensinpurses@gmail.com with your full name if you'd like to attend that night. It's only up for one night, so it's gonna be special! Also, I live about a block away from there, so drinks afterwards if you like! ;) (I'll be all birthdayed up by then.)


Aside from that, I'll be doing some work for Bikes Not Bombs, a non-profit over in the Jamaica Plain who fix up bikes, refurbish bikes, sell bikes and parts, and teach inner city kids and others how to ride and maintain bikes. They helped fix up my lovely little pickle Alex Carlson's bike, and the fact that it's all run by bike enthusiasts makes me excited.

I'll also be purchasing a new bike soon - old Behemoth is too heavy for my crappy wrist. So long, my beloved.




Other quick announcements!!!
-Lindsay Small is giving away art for free on her BLOG!
-I've updated my FLICKR!
-Original art works by me still for sale in a past POST!
Replacing Emoji...
Replacing Emoji...
Replacing Emoji...
Replacing Emoji...

No comments: