Tuesday, May 26, 2009

First Space 242 piece

(Me and my roommate Sarah at graduation!)

Hello, I'm alive! And all graduated! I had the best weekend of my life, and I am amped to start my life as a professional.

I've been trying to keep in the habit of drawings, though I admit all the excitement of school ending/my family coming up from New York/my grad party/boyfriend meeting my family have been quite distracting. But some distractions are wonderful. <3

So here's my first piece for the show. I stayed up basically all night doing it, and there are plenty of things I'm not happy with, but it's a good practice for the other pieces. This one is the most unstimulating, composition-wise, but at least now I can take the good from this one and apply it to the next 7 pieces. Similarly, I'll know what I don't want to do in the rest of the series. (I may actually redo this one if I find I have a better feel with the rest of the pieces.)

Also, just for the heck of it, an ad I made for Andy Fish's Harker/Dracula comic strip that runs EVERY DAY. Go check it out! It's too good to miss!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dang lady, if this piece is the least awesome of the set in your eyes, I can't WAIT to see the rest. :)

<3!