Thursday, March 25, 2010

Lucky Cat Ghosts Are Where It's At


Lucky Cat Ghosts, 12" x 24", Acryla Gouache


Fortune Cookie Cat Ghost Tattoo, 12" x 18", Acryla Gouache


This is a double whammy! I have for you another of my tattoo designs for an upcoming book, as well as a piece I finished last fall and have saved for physical viewing - UNTIL NOW!! This larger painting took at least 30 hours to complete, from concept to sketches to finish. I love this piece, and it's one of the rare times I actually included a background. I tend to stray away from backgrounds and only create character designs, so it was fun to create an environment for my characters to live in.

I have an obsession with lucky cats, and I have a small growing collection of them. The represent good fortune, which I could definitely use. And I just love kitties, so it works out. I also have lucky cat tattoo designs floating around in my head for myself as well.... I also have a thing for dessert illustration and am still contemplating a dessert-themed show in the future.


Enjoy!

3 comments:

Caro said...

love love LOVE the tattoo, I would get that in a heartbeat.

Allison Bamcat said...

Thanks! Let's both get lucky cat ghost tattoos together. <3

Raven M. Molisee: said...

Oh wow. I seriously adore those drippy ghost-cat eyes.