Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Back from the Grave


Hey everybody, I'm back from my leave of absence. Lots of things have been going on, including adjusting to full-time at Blick and learning to bike 50 - 60 miles a week without wanting to die. (I'm getting muscles!)

I've been doing a lot of prepwork for pieces, but I'm still working out the main compositions for a lot of new pieces. I've been collecting old wooden panels for the last 6 months off of ebay, from goodwill, second hand stores, outside sales, antique stores, craft stores, and yard sales. I've been painting and sanding and spray painting and ruining my lungs as much as possible.

I got to do a quick demo at Blick for the Blick acrylic paints - I had 5 colors to work with, and I had a ton of fun. I got to talk to a lot of pre-art school artists, and it was nice to get a first-hand feel for a product I sell. I really like knowing the ins and outs of art supplies - I've got all the information I would ever need to do art-related stuff.

Now I just have to make more art!

More updates over the next couple of days. Thanks for watching!

No comments: