Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Bleeeeeh.

I feel so sick today. And the past week. Not like a cold sick or a fever sick, but horrible heartburn (I have GERD), bad headaches, severe sensitivity to light/sounds, and for some reason I've felt like I'm constantly choking on something - like there's something caught in my throat. I had to leave my favorite class today, but I went home and my boyfriend fed me soup. And I took a nap, so that helped. <3

After I was hospitalized a couple of years ago for GERD (a type of acid reflux illness where your stomach opening to your esophagus doesn't close, causing acid to wash up into your throat), I had to seeeeriously change my eating habits, which is something I've decided to take up again. So no caffeine, carbonated drinks, spicy food, citric acid, greasy foods, fried foods, or iceberg lettuce (yeah). Stress is a GIGANTIC factor in my acid reflux, so I'm going to have to try to find a way to not stress myself out.

And while I'm complaining, the cyst on my left wrist was TWITCHING today. I was afraid it was gonna be like one of those House episodes where someone hallucinates bugs coming out of their skin. But I'm getting surgery for that on Nov. 6th, and hopefully the problem will be gone forever. (Recap: I have an inflamed cyst on my left wrist that's pushing my bones apart and causing carpal tunnel. I've gotten it removed once, but it came back, so we're gonna cut the sucker out this time.)

BUT, there is good news!! I made the cover of the Dig, finally! This was the best news, at the end of the day, when I got out of work at 10 after dying all day, to see a delivery from the Dig to our store with dozens of copies of MY ARTWORK ON THE FRONT!!!

I'm so excited! Pick up a copy and read my bio on the second page! Yay!!


Time for tea and sleep! Bye bye!

No comments: