Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nefertara

Nefertara-bust

It's been a busy summer so far! I've been working on several projects including cd artwork for the band Oilhead, a piece for a show in London and all sorts of odds and ends projects. I've also been planning my wedding! I can't wait to design the living shit out of it. There are a lot of things I have to keep secret for now, but I'll post them as soon as I can!

But I wanted to post a quick drawing I made of the beautiful Nefertara. She's a sweet, creative, old soul who's been reinventing herself through her alter egos long before Lady Gaga. Probably Elizabeth Taylor in a past life, she never stops making new wigs, costumes, jewelry, eyelashes, and accessories. Check out her site if you get a chance!






Not that I even need to mention how striking her eyes and expression are, but outside of her natural beauty she's not afraid to look strange or grotesque for the sake of art. That's something I can really appreciate and identify with. As artists, we can have so much fun if we let go of our fears of what others may think. I'm still learning how to do that myself.

Nefertara even posted about me on her buzznet page if you want to check it out! Thank you so much! <3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I love the typography you drew!